When mother have diagnosed with gestational diabetes, immediately you must tightly control your blood glucose level. Talk to your healthcare professional regarding your individual blood glucose goals. Poorly controlled blood glucose levels—that stay too high for too long—can cause complications for baby.
Just because mother have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, that isn’t a guarantee that baby will have all (or even any) of these complications.This is a list of what may happen if mother don’t manage gestational diabetes.
• *Excess growth* *(macrosomia)* : Gestational diabetes may cause baby to be very big and have extra fat. This can make delivery challenging because a bigger baby is more likely to become wedged in the birth canal, or you may need a C-section to deliver safely.
• *Low blood glucose (hypoglycemia):* Right after the baby is born, the blood glucose level may drop very low (hypoglycemia) because they have so much insulin in their bodies. The extra glucose in your body actually stimulates the baby’s body to make more insulin, so when the baby is out the womb, the extra insulin can cause problems.
• *Difficulty breathing (respiratory distress syndrome):* Sometimes, babies have trouble breathing on their own right after they’re born, and this breathing difficulty is more likely in babies whose mother has gestational diabetes.
Here’s how gestational diabetes can affect child later on:
• *Development problems:* Researchers have noticed that children whose mothers had gestational diabetes are at a higher risk for developmental problems, such as language development and motor skill development.
• *Type 2 diabetes:* Babies born of mothers with gestational diabetes are at a higher risk for developing type 2 diabetes later in life.
However, gestational diabetes can be controlled by paying attention to what mother need to eat, how much need to take, and when to eat. A registered dietitian or certified diabetes educator can help you create a meal plan that’s full of good-for-you and good-for-the-baby foods. The goal of the meal plan is to make it easier to control your blood glucose level so it stays in your target range. Your meal plan will reflect your likes and dislikes, and will take into account your overall health.
All that you have to know about menopause
Menopause is the time that marks the end of your menstrual cycles.menopause can happen in your 40’s or 50’s. menopause is natural biological process.It occur when you have gone 12 consecutive months without a menstrual period.
Stages of menopause:
There are three stages of menopause
- Per-menopause : per-menopause is the time leading up to menopause.
- Menopause : menopause occurs when you’ve stopped producing the hormones that cause your menstrual period an have gone without a period for 12 months in a row.
- Post-menopause : post-menopause is the time you’ve been without a menstrual period for 12 months.during this stage, menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, get milder or go away.
- Irregular periods
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Sleep problems
- Mood changes
- Thinning hair and dry skin
- Weight gain and slowed metabolism
- Loss of breast fullness
Do you know cardamom shows the favourable result in treating the Triple –negative breast cancer?
Triple-negative breast cancer:
Triple –negative breast cancer (TNBC) is a particularly challenging form of the breast cancer. Triple –negative breast cancer is a kind of breast cancer that does not have any of the receptors that are commonly found in breast cancer. It spreads faster and has a very less favourable outlook.
TNBC cells test in the negative range for three components that are often targeted in hormone treatments for other breast cancers, they are:
- Progesterone receptors
- Human epidermal growth factor (HER2) protein.
As a result, there are fewer treatments available.
- It has anticancer properties against breast, prostate and colorectal cancer
- It has inflammatory and cardiovascular diseases
- It has different natural compounds for their potential as anticancer drugs
- These natural source of compounds can fight cancer through
- Inhibition of inflammation
- Oxidative stress
Are you well aware of PCOD and its symptoms?
PCOD stands for the Polycystic Ovarian Disease. The cause of PCOD is still unknown. However, the association of PCOD with low-grade inflammation, excess insulin, production of male hormones (Hyperandrogenism) in high quality and genetics can be found. Also, early age menstruation, unhealthy lifestyle and pollution are some of the contributing factors of PCOD.
It is characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries and makes the ovary enlarged and lead to excessive production of androgen and oestrogen hormones causing various bodily issues. Moderate exercises like brisk walking, jogging, cycling or swimming are all great activities that can help with PCOD. These type of exercises increases your body sensitivity to insulin, which reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Menorrhagia (Heavy bleeding)
- Amenorrhea (Irregular periods, occurring every 2 to 3 months)
- Acnthosis nigricans ( pigmentation or darkening of the skin around the neck region
- Hirsutism (unusual body and face hair growth)
- Male-pattern baldness
- Uncontrolled weight gain around the waist area especially
- Stubborn acne, this is due to excess peripheral androgen
Why fresh air is important for mental health ?
Know the importance of Aquatic food
Know about some common types of cancer
Here are some tips to increase fiber for a healthy gut
Everything You Need To Know About Low Back Ache
How To Remove Dark Circles
What is Psoriasis and How do we Treat
What is Black Fungus | Where is it Present
Covid 19 Recovery Exercises at Home
Nutrition11 months ago
Dhanteras special: Make a smart investment with Iron-rich foods and diet tips
Celebrity Health11 months ago
Cancer survivor Manisha Koirala writes about “Arduous Journey Of Treatment”
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS11 months ago
Are you taking too much vitamin D?
Covid11 months ago
Post-Covid fatigue is most prevalent in diabetes patients: Study
HEALTH NEWS10 months ago
Why do you need to develop a healthy-eating plan During Diabetes or Pre-diabetes state
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS11 months ago
Tips for Asthma patients to enjoy a safe Diwali
Nutrition11 months ago
Amazing health benefits of Jackfruit
TRENDING11 months ago
Dental myths busted and actual facts explained