Delayed periods might have become normal in the lockdowns but make a note that they are not normal for your body. It is mandatory to regularize them with extreme care by sticking to healthy practices in terms of food choices and exercises.
All we say is create a steady routine and organize your thoughts too. This helps in improving your health and in turn regularizes your period cycle.
1. Eat loads of greens: A meal packed with green vegetables and fruits create wonders. So make sure, you eat lots of green vegetables.
2. Get hydrated: Also, don’t forget the magical drink. Stay hydrated by drinking enough water and also stay away from diseases.
3. Meditate: Just close your eyes, sit in a proper position and meditate for at least 10 minutes a day. Just don’t the outside chaos impact you inside. This helps a lot. Trust us!
4. De-stress: Stress is the major cause for many health issues and also it controls your period cycle. So, identify your stressors and sort them out.
5. Get enough sleep: You need 8 hours of sleep every night. Period. So catch up on that sleep to improve your body’s upkeep. Create a sleeping cycle and stick to it.
NOTE: Also, check for pregnancy, thyroid and other disorders.
For further information and consultation:
Name: Dr. N. Divya Swetha
MBBS., DGO., DNB
For any queries , kindly email to email@example.com
All that you have to know about menopause
Menopause is the time that marks the end of your menstrual cycles.menopause can happen in your 40’s or 50’s. menopause is natural biological process.It occur when you have gone 12 consecutive months without a menstrual period.
Stages of menopause:
There are three stages of menopause
- Per-menopause : per-menopause is the time leading up to menopause.
- Menopause : menopause occurs when you’ve stopped producing the hormones that cause your menstrual period an have gone without a period for 12 months in a row.
- Post-menopause : post-menopause is the time you’ve been without a menstrual period for 12 months.during this stage, menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, get milder or go away.
- Irregular periods
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Sleep problems
- Mood changes
- Thinning hair and dry skin
- Weight gain and slowed metabolism
- Loss of breast fullness
Do you know cardamom shows the favourable result in treating the Triple –negative breast cancer?
Triple-negative breast cancer:
Triple –negative breast cancer (TNBC) is a particularly challenging form of the breast cancer. Triple –negative breast cancer is a kind of breast cancer that does not have any of the receptors that are commonly found in breast cancer. It spreads faster and has a very less favourable outlook.
TNBC cells test in the negative range for three components that are often targeted in hormone treatments for other breast cancers, they are:
- Progesterone receptors
- Human epidermal growth factor (HER2) protein.
As a result, there are fewer treatments available.
- It has anticancer properties against breast, prostate and colorectal cancer
- It has inflammatory and cardiovascular diseases
- It has different natural compounds for their potential as anticancer drugs
- These natural source of compounds can fight cancer through
- Inhibition of inflammation
- Oxidative stress
Are you well aware of PCOD and its symptoms?
PCOD stands for the Polycystic Ovarian Disease. The cause of PCOD is still unknown. However, the association of PCOD with low-grade inflammation, excess insulin, production of male hormones (Hyperandrogenism) in high quality and genetics can be found. Also, early age menstruation, unhealthy lifestyle and pollution are some of the contributing factors of PCOD.
It is characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries and makes the ovary enlarged and lead to excessive production of androgen and oestrogen hormones causing various bodily issues. Moderate exercises like brisk walking, jogging, cycling or swimming are all great activities that can help with PCOD. These type of exercises increases your body sensitivity to insulin, which reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Menorrhagia (Heavy bleeding)
- Amenorrhea (Irregular periods, occurring every 2 to 3 months)
- Acnthosis nigricans ( pigmentation or darkening of the skin around the neck region
- Hirsutism (unusual body and face hair growth)
- Male-pattern baldness
- Uncontrolled weight gain around the waist area especially
- Stubborn acne, this is due to excess peripheral androgen
Why fresh air is important for mental health ?
Know the importance of Aquatic food
Know about some common types of cancer
Here are some tips to increase fiber for a healthy gut
Nutrition1 year ago
Dhanteras special: Make a smart investment with Iron-rich foods and diet tips
Celebrity Health1 year ago
Cancer survivor Manisha Koirala writes about “Arduous Journey Of Treatment”
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS1 year ago
Are you taking too much vitamin D?
Covid1 year ago
Post-Covid fatigue is most prevalent in diabetes patients: Study
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS1 year ago
Tips for Asthma patients to enjoy a safe Diwali
HEALTH NEWS1 year ago
Why do you need to develop a healthy-eating plan During Diabetes or Pre-diabetes state
Nutrition1 year ago
Amazing health benefits of Jackfruit
TRENDING1 year ago
Enjoy Diwali without gaining weight