Swimming is one of the most preferred forms of physical activities around the world. Medical experts’ advice 150 minute of moderate physical activity or 75 minutes of vigorous physical activity every week. And, one can blindly sign up for swimming considering the numerous health benefits.
Also, there are many forms of swimming.
Top 10 benefits of swimming:
1. Swimming makes your heart and lungs strong.
2. It helps the whole body to work out by toning muscles, building endurance and strength.
3. It is a safe exercise option for people with injuries, arthritis and disabilities.
4. Swimming is a great activity for people with asthma.
5. People with multiple sclerosis (MS) may also find swimming beneficial. Water makes the limbs buoyant, helping to support them during exercise.
6. It helps you to get good sleep
7. Swimming also boosts mood
8. Pregnant women and their babies can also reap some wonderful rewards from swimming.
9. Swimming is the most efficient way to lose weight and burn calories
10. It is a good form of physical activity for kids too as they need minimum 60 minutes of aerobic exercise each day.
Know what aerobic exercise does to your health
Aerobic include activities of cardio like brisk walking, swimming, running, or cycling.By definition aerobic exercise means “with oxygen.” Your breathing and heart rate will increase during aerobic activities.Aerobic exercise helps in keeping your heart, lungs, and circulatory system healthy.
Aerobic activity can help you:
- Keeps excess pounds at bay
- Wards off viral illnesses
- Reduce your health risks
- Increases your stamina,fitness and strength
- Manages chronic conditions
- Strengthens your heart
- Keeps your arteries clear
- Boost your mood
- Stay active and independent as you age
- Keeps your mind sharp
Examples of aerobic exercises:
- Using an elliptical trainer
- Jumping rope
- Performing high impact routines or step aerobics
Stretching exercise: Types and benefits of stretching
Stretching keeps the muscle flexible, strong, and healthy, and we need that flexibility to maintain a range of motion in the joint, without it , the muscle shorten and become tight. Then , when you call on the muscle for activity, they are weak an unable to extend all the way that puts you at risk for joint pain, strains and muscle damage.
Types of stretching:
- Active stretching
- Passive stretching
- Dynamic stretching
- PNF stretching
- Ballistic stretching
- Isometric stretching
- Static stretching
Benefits of stretching:
- Decreases muscle stiffness and increases range of motion
- May reduce your risk of injury
- Helps relieve post-exercise aches and pains
- Improves posture
- Helps reduce or manage stress
- Reduce muscular tension and enhance muscular relaxation
- Improves mechanical efficiency an overall functional performance
- Prepares the body for the stress of exercise
- Promotes circulation
- Decreases the risk of low-back pain
Sore Muscles? Here is how you can prevent them!
Do you love working out but worried about sore muscles? Well, you are not alone because that is how exercise functions. The best way we can deal this is by preventing sore muscles. But wondering how? Leave that to us!
In order to make you fall in love with the exercise even more, we have come up with this piece that helps you to learn different ways to prevent them. Read on.
- Stay hydrated: Drink as much as water possible because it flushes toxins out of the body, transports nutrients into the cells and helps regulate the body’s internal temperature.
- Get enough sleep: Because this will help your body to recover from everyday activities
- Take an epsom salt bath: Epsom salt soaks are great for supporting your muscles and boosting exercise performance, as epsom salt contains high levels of magnesium.
Why fresh air is important for mental health ?
Know the importance of Aquatic food
Know about some common types of cancer
Here are some tips to increase fiber for a healthy gut
Here are some sleep hygiene tips
Everything You Need To Know About Low Back Ache
How To Remove Dark Circles
What is Psoriasis and How do we Treat
What is Black Fungus | Where is it Present
Covid 19 Recovery Exercises at Home
Nutrition10 months ago
Dhanteras special: Make a smart investment with Iron-rich foods and diet tips
Celebrity Health9 months ago
Cancer survivor Manisha Koirala writes about “Arduous Journey Of Treatment”
Covid9 months ago
Post-Covid fatigue is most prevalent in diabetes patients: Study
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS9 months ago
Are you taking too much vitamin D?
HEALTH NEWS9 months ago
Why do you need to develop a healthy-eating plan During Diabetes or Pre-diabetes state
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS9 months ago
Tips for Asthma patients to enjoy a safe Diwali
Nutrition9 months ago
Amazing health benefits of Jackfruit
TRENDING9 months ago
Dental myths busted and actual facts explained