Do you wish for a sleek and prominent jawline but your double chin is coming in the way? Worry not because we have a solution for you. Double chin is also known as submental fat. Contrary to popular belief, a double chin is not necessarily an indicator of weight gain or obesity. While obese and overweight people are at high risk of developing a double chin, it is also often a consequence of genetics or loosened skin. Some common causes of a double chin may include age, weight, genetics, and posture. Among the solutions, common treatment methods include exercise, dietary regulation, and surgery.
Exercises for double chin
Here are some exercises that can help you get rid of a double chin:
Jaw rotation: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- This exercise requires you to rotate your jaw in different directions.
- Start by stretching your lower jaw outward.
- Then bring it to your left, and then bring it inward.
- Now bring your lower jaw to your right.
- Repeat the steps in one direction and then alternate directions.
The air kiss: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- Stand in a comfortable position.
- Look up with your lips puckered as if trying to kiss.
- Stretch your neck upwards and kiss the air.
- Hold it for 10 seconds and coke to the initial position.
- Repeat the steps at least 5 times.
- Make sure that you don’t strain your neck.
Ball exercise: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- Take a ball small enough to fit under your chin.
- Place it under your chin and press your jaw against it.
- You will feel resistance and muscle stretch.
- Hold for 10 seconds, relax, and repeat.
- You can do this exercise anytime you are free.
Nose touch: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Open your mouth and stick out your tongue.
- Stretch your tongue as far as possible.
- Now move your stretched tongue upward and try touching your nose with it.
- Hold the position for at least 5 seconds and relax.
- Repeat the steps 10 times.
Wide mouth: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- Open your mouth wide.
- Stretch and open your nostrils as well.
- You must feel your face muscles stretched.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds and close your mouth.
- Repeat the steps at least 10 times.
Stretching exercise: Types and benefits of stretching
Stretching keeps the muscle flexible, strong, and healthy, and we need that flexibility to maintain a range of motion in the joint, without it , the muscle shorten and become tight. Then , when you call on the muscle for activity, they are weak an unable to extend all the way that puts you at risk for joint pain, strains and muscle damage.
Types of stretching:
- Active stretching
- Passive stretching
- Dynamic stretching
- PNF stretching
- Ballistic stretching
- Isometric stretching
- Static stretching
Benefits of stretching:
- Decreases muscle stiffness and increases range of motion
- May reduce your risk of injury
- Helps relieve post-exercise aches and pains
- Improves posture
- Helps reduce or manage stress
- Reduce muscular tension and enhance muscular relaxation
- Improves mechanical efficiency an overall functional performance
- Prepares the body for the stress of exercise
- Promotes circulation
- Decreases the risk of low-back pain
Sore Muscles? Here is how you can prevent them!
Do you love working out but worried about sore muscles? Well, you are not alone because that is how exercise functions. The best way we can deal this is by preventing sore muscles. But wondering how? Leave that to us!
In order to make you fall in love with the exercise even more, we have come up with this piece that helps you to learn different ways to prevent them. Read on.
- Stay hydrated: Drink as much as water possible because it flushes toxins out of the body, transports nutrients into the cells and helps regulate the body’s internal temperature.
- Get enough sleep: Because this will help your body to recover from everyday activities
- Take an epsom salt bath: Epsom salt soaks are great for supporting your muscles and boosting exercise performance, as epsom salt contains high levels of magnesium.
Do you know the health benefits of dancing? Read on
Dancing is a healthy physical activity with many physical and psychological benefits. Dancing is good for both mind and body. Dancing is for every age and ability to stay fit of all sizes and shapes. It becomes important factor for prevention and for the treatment and management in several health circumstances. It can benefit both physical and mental health.
- It increases the muscular strength
- It increases the aerobic fitness
- It improves condition of lungs
- It endurance an motor fitness
- It improves condition of heart
- It improves muscle tone
- It helps in weight management
- It helps in building stronger bones
- It reduces risk of osteoporosis
- It betters the social skills
- It helps in increasing the self-confidence
- It helps in increasing self-esteem
- It improves psychological wellbeing
- It improves mental functioning
- It helps increasing physical confidence
- It improves general wellbeing
- It helps in having better coordination
- It improves balance and spatial awareness
- It helps in having better agility and flexibility
What monkeypox does to you ?
What is the tinetti test?
What is quadriparesis ?
Know the benefits of Manicure
How to get rid of ear infection ?
Here are the tips to cut your cholesterol fast
Five tactics to reduce to cholesterol quickly
Here are causes for tooth decay and its treatment options
What counts as an eating disorder ?
Here are the health benefits of sugarcane juice
Everything You Need To Know About Low Back Ache
How To Remove Dark Circles
What is Psoriasis and How do we Treat
What is Black Fungus | Where is it Present
Covid 19 Recovery Exercises at Home
Nutrition7 months ago
Dhanteras special: Make a smart investment with Iron-rich foods and diet tips
Celebrity Health7 months ago
Cancer survivor Manisha Koirala writes about “Arduous Journey Of Treatment”
Covid6 months ago
Post-Covid fatigue is most prevalent in diabetes patients: Study
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS7 months ago
Are you taking too much vitamin D?
Nutrition7 months ago
Amazing health benefits of Jackfruit
HEALTH NEWS6 months ago
Why do you need to develop a healthy-eating plan During Diabetes or Pre-diabetes state
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS7 months ago
Tips for Asthma patients to enjoy a safe Diwali
TRENDING7 months ago
Enjoy Diwali without gaining weight