As per a new study, screen time is directly linked to the severity of myopia or short-sightedness. This could be found in children and young adults.
The researchers examined more than 3,000 studies investigating smart device exposure and myopia in children and young adults aged between 3 months old and 33 years old.
After analysing, they revealed that high levels of smart device screen time, such as looking at a mobile phone, is associated with around a 30 per cent higher risk of myopia and, when combined with excessive computer use, that risk rose to around 80 per cent.
Does moisturizer help in softening the skin of your babies ?
Apply moisturizers on your child’s hand and other dry areas every time you wash them. Use a moisturizer at least two or three times a day.Talk about products with your pediatrician. If your child’s skin is extremely dry, isn’t improving with moisturizing, or shows signs of eczma or another skin problem, your healthcare provider may recommend a prescription moisturizer.
Lotions may not be the best opion for your kids
- Because children’s skin lacks oil, lotions may simply not be strong enough.
- According to The american academy of dermatology (AAD),lotions can be irritating, so creams an ointments may be better choices
Creams & Ointments:
Lotions are a thick liquid, creams are defined as semi-solid emulsions of water and oil.ointments are more oily than creams. The AAD recommends creams or ointments that contain one or more of these ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Jojoba oil
- Mineral oil
- Shea butter
What to feed your baby in year one ?
- At 4 – 6 months Start feeding solids: It is a recommended time, to start feeding your baby solids but before starting solids your baby should be able to sit up (with support )turn their head away, and make chewing motions.
- Keep going with breast milk: Remember you are just introducing solids, you are not eliminating milk or not changing their diet.It will happens gradually.
- Start fruits and vegetables at a time: Fruits, vegetables, grains and even pureed meats can all be on the menu for your baby.you may want to introduce them one at a time to see how they react to the flavor and texture and to make sure no allergies develop.
- Avoid milk and honey: Most pediatricians say you should wait until after your baby’s first birthday to start offering cow’s milk.That’s because nutritionally it doesn’t measure up to mother’s milk and don’t give honey to your baby because of a possible botulism risk that a baby’s developing immune system can’t fend off.
- Try finger foods when baby is ready: Around 9 months or so, your baby will be able to pick small pieces of soft table food to eat.some great “finger foods” include ripe banana pieces, cooked chunks of carrots, cottage cheese, well-cooked pasta, dry cereal,an scramble eggs.
Everything you need to know about Breastfeeding
According to the American Academy of pediatrics (AAP) recommendations, Breastfeeding is one of the organisations most accessed policy statement. The statement details not only the benefits of breastfeeding but also discusses the importance of breastfeeding high-risk infants. And it also discusses the role of pediatricians in promoting breastfeeding. Breastfeeding provides short and long term medical and neuro development advantages.
- It is recommended to continue breastfeeding for at least 12 months.
- Breastfeeding is ideal nutrition and is sufficient to support optimal growth and development for 6 months.
- Breastfeeding is the preferred feeding method for infants including premature babies and sick newborn babies.
There are also certain recommendations AAP endorses the world health organisation and they are:
- Helping new mothers breastfeed as soon as possible after delivery.
- Encourage exclusive breastfeeding for at least 6 months.
- Providing a formal evaluation of breastfeeding technique.
- Not providing medically unnecessary supplements in the newborn period.
- Avoiding pacifier use until babies are about 3 to 4 weeks old and nursing well.
- Indicating that babies should sleep close to their mothers.
Why fresh air is important for mental health ?
Know the importance of Aquatic food
Know about some common types of cancer
Here are some tips to increase fiber for a healthy gut
Here are some sleep hygiene tips
Everything You Need To Know About Low Back Ache
How To Remove Dark Circles
What is Psoriasis and How do we Treat
What is Black Fungus | Where is it Present
Covid 19 Recovery Exercises at Home
Nutrition10 months ago
Dhanteras special: Make a smart investment with Iron-rich foods and diet tips
Celebrity Health9 months ago
Cancer survivor Manisha Koirala writes about “Arduous Journey Of Treatment”
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS9 months ago
Are you taking too much vitamin D?
Covid9 months ago
Post-Covid fatigue is most prevalent in diabetes patients: Study
HEALTH NEWS9 months ago
Why do you need to develop a healthy-eating plan During Diabetes or Pre-diabetes state
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS9 months ago
Tips for Asthma patients to enjoy a safe Diwali
Nutrition9 months ago
Amazing health benefits of Jackfruit
TRENDING9 months ago
Dental myths busted and actual facts explained