Over the ages, we have known Indian parents to use a number of “scare tactics” to handle children; ranging from threats of ghosts and kidnappers to prestigious professions like police and doctors. Sadly, the parents do not realize that they are children in their primary/core learning and growing phase, which means, children imbibe, assimilate and base their reactions on whatever parents/elders/guardians tell them. Unknown to them, the parents tend to push their fears into the child thus bringing the child up with a subconscious fear of even the positive professions.
In a health setting, this subconscious fear develops into an absolute scare when the child is asked to meet a doctor. Unknown to the parents, who keep insisting that ‘nothing will happen’ or ‘don’t be scared’ to losing their temper on the child for ‘misbehaving’, the fear of the doctor was instilled when they introduce a naughty child to a doctor and teasingly, to control the child, tell them that the doctor would give them injection. The child may not know what an injection is, but is already scared of the word. Later, as the child grows and sees images of a syringe, the fear automatically strengthens.
Positive words incorporated into daily usage go a long way in reducing the fears in a child and encouragement helps them to be fearless. A visit to a doctor’s office doesn’t have to be a tedious process. Instead, the next time someone says, ‘Doctor will give injection’, parents can say, the doctor will see the problem and give you medicine (or candy) that will make you better. Parents have to be very conscious with regard to the words spoken around their child.
Does moisturizer help in softening the skin of your babies ?
Apply moisturizers on your child’s hand and other dry areas every time you wash them. Use a moisturizer at least two or three times a day.Talk about products with your pediatrician. If your child’s skin is extremely dry, isn’t improving with moisturizing, or shows signs of eczma or another skin problem, your healthcare provider may recommend a prescription moisturizer.
Lotions may not be the best opion for your kids
- Because children’s skin lacks oil, lotions may simply not be strong enough.
- According to The american academy of dermatology (AAD),lotions can be irritating, so creams an ointments may be better choices
Creams & Ointments:
Lotions are a thick liquid, creams are defined as semi-solid emulsions of water and oil.ointments are more oily than creams. The AAD recommends creams or ointments that contain one or more of these ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Jojoba oil
- Mineral oil
- Shea butter
What to feed your baby in year one ?
- At 4 – 6 months Start feeding solids: It is a recommended time, to start feeding your baby solids but before starting solids your baby should be able to sit up (with support )turn their head away, and make chewing motions.
- Keep going with breast milk: Remember you are just introducing solids, you are not eliminating milk or not changing their diet.It will happens gradually.
- Start fruits and vegetables at a time: Fruits, vegetables, grains and even pureed meats can all be on the menu for your baby.you may want to introduce them one at a time to see how they react to the flavor and texture and to make sure no allergies develop.
- Avoid milk and honey: Most pediatricians say you should wait until after your baby’s first birthday to start offering cow’s milk.That’s because nutritionally it doesn’t measure up to mother’s milk and don’t give honey to your baby because of a possible botulism risk that a baby’s developing immune system can’t fend off.
- Try finger foods when baby is ready: Around 9 months or so, your baby will be able to pick small pieces of soft table food to eat.some great “finger foods” include ripe banana pieces, cooked chunks of carrots, cottage cheese, well-cooked pasta, dry cereal,an scramble eggs.
Everything you need to know about Breastfeeding
According to the American Academy of pediatrics (AAP) recommendations, Breastfeeding is one of the organisations most accessed policy statement. The statement details not only the benefits of breastfeeding but also discusses the importance of breastfeeding high-risk infants. And it also discusses the role of pediatricians in promoting breastfeeding. Breastfeeding provides short and long term medical and neuro development advantages.
- It is recommended to continue breastfeeding for at least 12 months.
- Breastfeeding is ideal nutrition and is sufficient to support optimal growth and development for 6 months.
- Breastfeeding is the preferred feeding method for infants including premature babies and sick newborn babies.
There are also certain recommendations AAP endorses the world health organisation and they are:
- Helping new mothers breastfeed as soon as possible after delivery.
- Encourage exclusive breastfeeding for at least 6 months.
- Providing a formal evaluation of breastfeeding technique.
- Not providing medically unnecessary supplements in the newborn period.
- Avoiding pacifier use until babies are about 3 to 4 weeks old and nursing well.
- Indicating that babies should sleep close to their mothers.
What is Astigmation?
What are the six kriyas in kriya yoga ?
Know what aerobic exercise does to your health
Know the reasons and symptoms for low Testosterone
How do you know if your back pain is serious?
All that you have to know about nosebleed (Epistaxis)
Here are causes for tooth decay and its treatment options
What counts as an eating disorder ?
Here’s everything you need to know about the Type 2 Diabetes and its symptoms
Stretching exercise: Types and benefits of stretching
Everything You Need To Know About Low Back Ache
How To Remove Dark Circles
What is Psoriasis and How do we Treat
What is Black Fungus | Where is it Present
Covid 19 Recovery Exercises at Home
Nutrition7 months ago
Dhanteras special: Make a smart investment with Iron-rich foods and diet tips
Celebrity Health7 months ago
Cancer survivor Manisha Koirala writes about “Arduous Journey Of Treatment”
Covid7 months ago
Post-Covid fatigue is most prevalent in diabetes patients: Study
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS7 months ago
Are you taking too much vitamin D?
Nutrition7 months ago
Amazing health benefits of Jackfruit
HEALTH NEWS6 months ago
Why do you need to develop a healthy-eating plan During Diabetes or Pre-diabetes state
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS7 months ago
Tips for Asthma patients to enjoy a safe Diwali
TRENDING7 months ago
Enjoy Diwali without gaining weight