The fruit is also known as the ‘fruit of the angels’ by Christopher Columbus. Did you know, the yellowish-orange fruit is rich in medicinal value and nutritive properties.
Papaya is full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source of fibre. This orange-colored fruit is delicious and can be eaten as it is or in the form of juice, milkshake, or smoothie. Raw papaya is used in India as a vegetable. it is not just flavorsome but also has many health benefits.
Rich in Antioxidants: Papaya has carotenoid- an antioxidant, that neutralizes the free radicals. Free radicals are molecules produced during metabolism but too many of them can result in disease. Papaya is one of the best sources of carotenoids.
Anti-Cancer Properties: According to research, papaya contains lycopene, which can lower the risk of cancer. It is believed that papaya helps in fighting cancer as it can neutralize free radicals. The fruit is also beneficial for those who are undergoing treatment for cancer.
Fights infection: Papaya fights many fungal infections and kills intestinal worms, which causes many infections and complications.
Keeps your skin healthy and youthful: Papaya makes your skin youthful and healthy. The antioxidants present in the fruit are responsible for neutralizing the excessive free radicals, which cause skin damage, sagging and wrinkles. Rich in lycopene and vitamin C, papaya also helps in reducing the signs of aging.
Cure Constipation: Papaya helps indigestion and improves in the bowel movement, which helps in passing stool easily. The fruit contains vitamin C, folate and vitamin E, which creates and tonic effect in the tummy and reduces motion sickness.
Regularise menstruation: Drinking papaya juice can help normalize the irregular period. You can also drink the juice of raw papaya for irregular menstrual cycle. Papaya produces heat in the body and stimulates the hormone estrogen, which induces periods.
Fights Acne: Papaya is very effective in treating many skin disorders. It can be used to treat acne. All you have to do is apply the fleshy part of the papaya skin on the affected area of your body. Eating the fruit will also make the skin clear. You can also obtain latex from papaya and apply it on the burnt area to reduce the marks.
5 amazing health benefits of sweet potato
The sweet potato (Ipomoea cantatas) is nutritious and delicious root vegetables. Sweet potatoes when cooked, it results in mild, starchy and sweet flavour when baked or boiled, it becomes soft and creamy and when it is fried or roasted at high heat, it becomes crisp and caramelized. Sweet potatoes are packed with many medicinal benefits. Sweet potatoes have cancer-fighting properties; it supports healthy vision while it enhances brain function.
Sweet potatoes can also help manage diabetes
The rich fiber and magnesium in sweet potato are beneficial for diabetes management because they can lower blood sugar levels. Around 10-15% of the fiber in sweet potato has soluble fibres such as pectin, it is effective in reducing food consumption and spikes in blood sugar. This is because it helps in promoting insulin sensitivity and then regulating the amount of sugar in the blood.
Sweet potatoes can help manage stress levels
Sweet potatoes are rich in magnesium. One of the most important advantages of magnesium is that it helps to reduce stress and anxiety. A study found that Magnesium can reduce insomnia in older individuals. Thus, sweet potatoes are one of the important foods to be included in our diet. Sweet potatoes can replenish the body’s magnesium levels and help lessen the symptoms of depression and anxiety-related behaviours and insomnia in individuals.
Sweet potatoes can help prevent cancer
Sweet potatoes are packed with carotenoids such as beta-carotene, which plays a significant role in protecting men from becoming afflicted with prostate cancer. In addition, sweet potatoes have also been shown of limiting the growth of breast, gastric, colorectal cancers. Thus you should have sweet potatoes often.
Sweet potatoes can help improve hair and skin
The presence of Vitamin A, C, and E helps in the promotion of proper skin and hair health. Eating sweet potatoes will be enough to glow your skin and hence you will not need to spend huge money on effective products to make your skin glow. The vitamins in sweet potatoes are useful in repairing skin that is damaged due to exposure to UV light. The vitamins also help to slow down the cell ageing process in the skin and help to retain a youthful look for longer.
Sweet potatoes can help in weight management
As sweet potatoes are rich in fermentable fibres, they can help in reducing the overall weight of an individual. So, this is another reason to include sweet potatoes in your diet. It will result in an increase in fiber intake, which will, in turn, lead to lower body weight.
Top 5 vegan sources of omega-3 fats
Omega-3s have a positive impact on health when consumed in small quantities – 1.1 gram for women in a day and 1.6 grams for men – can be obtained easily if one enjoys fish very frequently. However, that does not mean vegetarians and vegan sets of people must be deprived of the omega-3s.
1. Walnuts: Nuts are some of the healthiest foods there are and nutritionists for long have recommended them as a healthy snack when hunger pangs strike between meals. Among nuts, walnuts are a rich source of omega-3s. In just one ounce, walnuts give you 2.7 grams of omega-3s and additionally help lower blood pressure, improve heart health and promote weight loss as well.
2. Kidney beans: Kidney beans or rajma are a versatile food that can be used in Indian curries or continental pies, and what makes them even better is the plant-based protein and omega-3 content. Although they offer only 10 per cent of your daily omega-3 requirement, kidney beans are a rich source of iron, folate, and fibre as well – making them ideal for all especially pregnant women.
3. Canola oil: And if you are wondering whether or not there is a variety of cooking oil with loads of omega-3s, we recommend canola oil. With 1.28 grams of omega-3s in just a tablespoon, this one is a must-have for all because of its nutrient profile. Canola oil is also a rich source of vitamin E, K content, and is low in saturated fats as well.
4. Flaxseeds: Weight watchers rely on flaxseeds a great deal owing to their healthy fats and fibre content – and turns out that this food with its nutty flavour delivers more omega-3s than any other edible on earth. In just one tablespoon, it delivers twice as many omega-3s as you need in a day. When consumed in oil form, one tablespoon can deliver seven times the recommended quantity. Additionally, flaxseeds are a rich source of magnesium, manganese, and vitamin A.
5. Chia seeds: Weight watchers often rely on chia seeds to shed stubborn fat. However, little do they realise how one ounce of chia seeds can load them with 5 grams of omega-3s. Also a rich source of fibre and protein, chia seeds are a vegan source of calcium as well.
Winter diet: Here’s why you should eat Vitamin B6 rich foods
Winter is here and so one should be prepared with the precautions to fight the health-related issues it brings. Experts advice to eat food items that are rich in vitamin B6, also called pyridoxine.
Vitamin B6 plays a key role in treating several conditions – it helps in mood regulation and may reduce symptoms of depression. It also helps the body break down and use proteins efficiently.
Here is the list of foods that are super rich in Vitamin B6. Take a look.
3. Chicken liver
7. Green peas
Why Gestational Diabetes is concern?? Why professionals say “Control blood sugars during pregnancy”
Airborne transmission of Covid-19 random, social distancing alone not enough to control spread: Study
France likely to announce Covid-19 booster shots for all adults: Report
Can Alcohol help in shedding those extra kilos?
Covaxin protects recipients from severe Covid-19: Researchers
Why do you need to develop a healthy-eating plan During Diabetes or Pre-diabetes state
Dhanteras special: Make a smart investment with Iron-rich foods and diet tips
15 most effective tips to lose your belly fat
Urmila Matondkar tests positive for Covid-19
Milk 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Effects
Everything You Need To Know About Low Back Ache
How To Remove Dark Circles
What is Psoriasis and How do we Treat
What is Black Fungus | Where is it Present
Covid 19 Recovery Exercises at Home
Covid9 months ago
Covishield vs Covaxin: Which is better?
Covid8 months ago
All you need to know about the second wave of Covid-19
TRENDING6 months ago
Do soft drinks lead to tooth wear?
Covid8 months ago
Covid-19 second wave: More cases among kids
Covid7 months ago
India records world’s biggest spike with 3.14 lakh new Covid-19 cases in a day
Covid7 months ago
Covid-19: New AP Strain Might be 15 Times More Virulent
Physical Fitness9 months ago
Top 10 health benefits of physical fitness
Nutrition5 months ago
All you need to know about food plan for children with autism