Connect with us

HEALTH NEWS

Antibodies in Covaxin recipients decline after 2-3 months for those who got Covishield: ICMR-RMRC study

Published

on

Antibodies in Covaxin recipients decline after 2-3 months for those who got Covishield: ICMR-RMRC study

Antibodies in Covaxin recipients decline after 2-3 months for those who got Covishield? Well, you heard it right!

A recent study led by ICMR-regional medical research centre (RMRC), Bhubaneswar, has found the level of antibodies produced among the recipients of Covaxin starts to decline after two months, while the same for those who have been vaccinated with Covishield starts after three months.

While talking to India Today TV, ICMR-RMRC scientist Dr Devdutta Bhattacharya said samples were collected from 614 participants for the study.

He said that among these participants, 308 (50.2 per cent) were Covishield recipients and the rest 306 (49.8 per cent) got vaccinated with Covaxin. A total of 81 breakthrough cases were recorded among participants for whom infection post-vaccination acted as a booster.

HEALTH NEWS

How do you know if your back pain is serious?

Published

on

By

How do you know if your back pain is serious?

Back pain:

Back pain develops without a cause that your doctor can identify with a test. Conditions commonly linked to back pain include muscle or ligament strain.repeated heavy lifting or a sudden awkward movement can strain back muscles and spinal ligaments.

Signs that indicate, that its time to consult doctor for your back pain:

  1. If you have been in pain for over a week
  2. If the pain extends to other body parts
  3. If you have numbness, tingling or weakness
  4. If you have pain after an accident
  5. If your pain is worse at certain times or in certain positions
  6. If you are having problems with bowels or urination
  7. If you have unexplained weight loss
  8. If you have a fever
Continue Reading

HEALTH NEWS

Are obesity and asthma connected ?

Published

on

By

Are obesity and asthma connected ?

Obesity:

Obesity is a complex disease involving an excessive amount of body fat. Obesity isn’t just a medical problem that increase the risk of other diseases and health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain cancers.

Asthma :

Asthma is a condition in which your airways narrow an swell and may produce extra mucus.

The connection between obesity and asthma :

  1. Obesity an asthma share common genetics, common in utero conditions, or common predisposing dietary factors( foods high in sugar, diet poor in vegetables etc).
  2. Obesity leads to a reduction in lung volume and tidal volume which in turn promotes narrowing of the airway.
  3. There is low risk associated with breastfeeding in both obesity and asthma conditions.
  4. Changes in adipose-derived hormones, like leptin an adiponectin, may enhance the inflammatory state of obesity.
  5. Obesity is a state of low-grade systemic inflammation that may lead to the exacerbation of asthma.
  6. Diseases like dyslipidemia,gastroesophageal reflux,sleep- disorder breathing,type-2 diabetes,or hypertension that are associated with obesity, may exacerbate asthma.
Continue Reading

HEALTH NEWS

Here are causes for tooth decay and its treatment options

Published

on

By

Here are causes for tooth decay and its treatment options

Tooth decay:

Tooth decay occurs due to a buildup of plaque on a tooth.plaque is a sticky layer of bacteria that forms on teeth.when a person eats sugary or starchy food, the bacteria in the plaque produce acids that attack tooth enamel.it is disease known as caries or cavities. As the tooth gets eaten away, tooth decay sets in.Tooth decay naturally looks black and can give the appearance of a black tooth. Tooth decay and gum disease can lead to serious health problems, including brain or heart infections.

Causes for cavities:

  1. Bacteria –Both gum disease an tooth decay are cause by bacteria
  2. Sugars
  3. Plaque
  4. Para function
  5. Certain medical condition

Treatment options include:

  1. Fluoride treatments
  2. Fillings
  3. Crowns
  4. Root canals
  5. Tooth extractions
Continue Reading

Trending