We all know that belly fat is something everyone struggles hard to reduce. We are super sure that many of us want to reduce the belly fat and will be in constant search for the same. And this article helps you to reduce the belly fat with simple methods. Check out here.
Your Guide To Reduce Belly Fat :
If you want to reduce that hard and stubborn belly fat, you just need to follow the below mentioned simple techniques. At first, let us discuss the diet plan for the same.
1. Lots of Water : Make sure that you hydrate yourself. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day. This helps you to lose weight and also removes toxins from the body.
2. Good Diet : If you want to lose weight, belly fat in particular, then eat right. Indulge good amounts of nutrients, proteins and minerals in your diet. Just stop eating processed foods, we mean junk food and other beverages. Eat small but frequent meals that include – vegetables, fruits, nuts and leafy vegetables.
3. Go For Low Calorie Foods : Want to shed those extra kilos and belly fat ? Then always, without any second thought, go for low calorie foods like – brown rice, water melon, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, fish, chicken, oats and other such similar foods.
4. No Sugar : Consuming heavy sugar, desserts and other sweeteners might cause the belly fat. So just cut down them.
5. Carbs : We know that eating rice is a habit for many of us. As white rice contains lots of calories, avoid it. And go for a cup of brown rice which is a low calorie food.
6. Dairy Products : Taking in dairy products add more value to our health. So never ever neglect them. Indulge – milk, Panner (cottage cheese), buttermilk and curd to your diet. This is very important as it reduces belly fat and improves immunity.
Now let us see some simple exercises to reduce the belly fat. Read on.
1. Walking : We say, you have to walk for nearly 45 to 50 minutes daily to get back into shape or to retain the same. Even a lazy evening walk helps a lot to reduce the belly fat. Start going for a walk from today.
2. Right Posture : Just remember to get your posture right. This is the fist and simple way to reduce belly fat. All you need to do is just sit straight and stand up straight.
3. Swimming : Also, swimming helps a lot to reduce the belly fat. A good swim for nearly 30 to 60 minutes per day helps you to lose extra pounds.
4. Crunches : The exercise, crunches is a simple one but very effective as it helps a lot to reduce the belly fat. Just lie down, place your hands behind your neck and then inhale and lift your upper torso and exhale. Repeat the same for nearly 5 sets of the same with each set comprising of 5 to 8 repetitions.
5. Twist Crunches : Also, the twist crunches works wonders for shedding the belly fat. It is even more effective than the basic crunches.
6. Bicycle Exercise : The bicycle exercise is yet another effective and simple way to reduce the belly fat. Just lie down on the floor, keep your hands behind the neck and then lift your legs off the ground. Now, do the exercise as if paddling a bicycle.
7. Lunges : If you want to lose the belly fat quickly, then go for the lunges. Along with this, add the weights to your exercise for better results.
8. Bending Side To Side : We say, this is very simple exercise to lose the belly fat. Just slowly increase the holding time during the exercise for better results.
9. Running : One can reduce the belly fat by running for at least 30 to 45 minutes daily. Also, it helps you to lose weight.
10. Reverse Crunches : When you get used to basic crunches and twisted ones, go for the reverse crunches as they help a lot to reduce the belly fat. All you need to do is to tilt your legs behind simultaneously your shoulders. This works great !
We totally understand that the belly fat irritates a lot of us. And here, just remember that dieting and exercise go hand in hand. So, in order to lose that belly fat, follow the above mentioned simple ways and witness better results.
Pizza, Chips And Other Processed Foods May Affect Your Memory
The very idea of chips, pizzas, pastries etc make us slurp. But the health issues associated to these processed foods often make us take a back step. By now, we all know high intake of ultra-processed foods lead to several lifestyle-related problems including weight gain, diabetes, blood pressure and more. But did you know, it may affect your memory too? Yes, you heard us. A new study has found that diet enriched with highly processed food can be linked to signs of memory loss. The study was conducted on ageing rats and the findings were published in the journal Brain, Behavior, and Immunity.
Researchers found “four weeks on a diet of highly processed food leads to a strong inflammatory response in the brains of ageing rats that was accompanied by behavioural signs of memory loss,” reads an ANI report. That’s not all. It was also found that replacing processed foods with omega-3 fatty acid DHA reduced the inflammatory effects in older rats. However, no such cognitive issues were found in young rats that were given processed food-enriched diet.
“The fact we’re seeing these effects so quickly is a little bit alarming,” said senior study author Ruth Barrientos, an investigator in The Ohio State University Institute for Behavioral Medicine Research and associate professor of psychiatry and behavioural health. He further stated that the findings also indicated that processed diet can lead to abrupt memory deficit and rapid memory decline in older people, further leading to disease like Alzheimer’s.
“By being aware of this, maybe we can limit processed foods in our diets and increase consumption of foods that are rich in the omega-3 fatty acid DHA to either prevent or slow that progression,” Ruth Barrientos added.
Here’re 5 Other Side-Effects Of Highly Processed Diet:
- It leads to weight gain and obesity.
- High intake of junk food might elevate blood pressure levels.
- Processed foods often promote diabetes.
- It might increase the level of bad cholesterol in your body.
- Several studies have also found its negative effects on our mood – it may often lead to depression.
This is why experts suggest that a healthy and balanced diet is a must to keep up a good health. But always remember consult an expert before adapting to any kind of lifestyle-related changes.
Learn these combinations of health supplements for better health
DON’T COMBINE FISH OIL AND VITAMIN E: FALSE
This statement most likely originated from unverifiable online sources claiming that taking fish oil and vitamin E together can result in excessive bleeding. There are ongoing studies and some published ones to assess the effects of combining fish oil and vitamin E to relieve menstrual pain and to improve blood sugar levels in patients with coronary artery disease.
In fact, certain supplements contain a combination of both. But if you are thinking of starting on a regime of fish oil or vitamin E supplements, check with your doctor first – especially if you are on medication or have medical conditions.
DON’T COMBINE CALCIUM AND IRON: TRUE
There’s truth to the fact that you shouldn’t. Studies have shown that the absorption of iron can be reduced if an iron supplement is combined with a calcium supplement and/or calcium-containing product such as milk. If you have to take both iron and calcium tablets, space them at least two hours apart.
DON’T TAKE VITAMINS ON AN EMPTY STOMACH: IT DEPENDS
It’s about the type of vitamins you’re taking. “Fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E and K are better absorbed when taken with food. This is because fatty foods trigger the release of bile, a digestive fluid, which is essential for the absorption of these vitamins.”
Also, make sure you eat something first before you pop fish oil or iron supplements, especially when they are consumed in higher quantities as they can upset an empty stomach.
However, water-soluble vitamins, such as vitamins B and C, are better absorbed when taken on an empty stomach.
DON’T MIX ZINC WITH ANTIBIOTICS: TRUE
If you’re put on antibiotics such as tetracyclines and quinolones by your doctor, you’ll want to take your zinc tablets separately. “Zinc can bind to these types of antibiotics, which prevents the body from absorbing both zinc and the antibiotic.
DO PAIR VITAMIN C WITH IRON: TRUE
This is a combo that works well together. “Vitamin C and iron bind together to form a complex which makes it easier for the body to absorb iron.”
Just how much better is the absorption? When iron is consumed with 25mg to 100mg of vitamin C, the body’s absorption of iron increases by four times compared to just taking iron on its own.
FAT-SOLUBLE VITAMINS HAVE MORE STAYING POWER: TRUE
This could be owing to the fact that fat-soluble vitamins are stored in the liver or fat tissue for later use.
In comparison, water-soluble vitamins dissolve in water and are absorbed, but the excess is passed out from the body.
But that doesn’t mean you load up on the water-soluble nutrients. Each vitamin has its own purpose and there is a recommended daily allowance for each vitamin. In fact, if you are consuming sufficient nutrients through your diet, you may not even need a supplement.
DON’T TAKE SUPPLEMENTS WITH TEA OR COFFEE: TRUE
If you have the habit of chasing down your supplements, especially calcium or iron tablets, with your morning coffee, reconsider. Tea and coffee contain caffeine which may reduce the absorption of certain minerals. Caffeine is also a diuretic that increases urination. This may cause water-soluble vitamins such as vitamins B and C to be passed out of the body more quickly.
MISSED A DOSE? JUST TAKE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE: TRUE
Yes, you can, But skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. This will prevent you from double dosing.
Still, missing your supplements is not that big of a deal unless they are prescribed for treating a certain deficiency. “Supplements are meant to fill the gaps in your diet and it takes times for them to build up in the blood and take effect. Thus, patients are unlikely to experience any immediate effects when they miss a single dose.”
This is unlike medicines for treating certain conditions, where missing a dose can result in patients experiencing immediate symptoms, such as an increased blood sugar level due to missing a dose of anti-diabetic medication.
Navratri fasting: Healthy food options you can try
The festival of Navratri is finally here. During the nine days, many people observe a fast. If you too are fasting and are looking for healthy options that will make you feel satiated and energetic throughout the day, here are some unbeatable foods that can help.
Kuttu atta or buckwheat flour is packed with high fibre that helps detox the body. Also, fibre helps to keep hunger pangs at bay thereby, making us crave less while fasting. You can also use singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour) and rajgira ka atta (amaranth flour). Instead of rice, you can have samai ke chawal or samvat ke chwaal (barnyard millet) that can be used to make khichdi, dhoklas or kheer.
Sabudana or sago
It has a cooling effect on the body and is easy to digest.
Foxnut is a very popular fasting food. It is loaded with antioxidants, and acts as an anti-ageing food by preventing white hair, wrinkles, and premature ageing.
Almonds, pistachio, cashew nuts, and kishmish (raisins) are eaten during fasts.
Fruits and vegetables
Vegetables like bottle gourd, potato, pumpkin, bananas, arbi, potato colocasia, yam, sweet potato, lemon, honey, cucumber, raw plantain, tomato, carrot, raw papaya, and spinach are commonly consumed during Navratri.
Dairy products are considered to be holy during an auspicious occasion. Hence, you can consume natural products such as milk, curd, paneer, butter, ghee, khoya, and condensed milk.
As far as spices are concerned, you can use black pepper powder, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, ajwain or carom seeds, black peppercorns, dry pomegranate seeds, kokum, tamarind, and nutmeg. “Some people also use fresh coriander leaves, red chilly powder, dry mango powder, chaat masala (especially with fruits). A lot depends on the devotee’s beliefs and home traditions,” said Khosla.
Non-vegetarian food, eggs, alcohol, smoking and aerated drinks.
Grains: Wheat, rice, oats, bread, semolina, gram flour, cornflour, millet flour like ragi, and pear are strongly prohibited during the course of these nine days.
All fast-related food needs to be prepared without onion, garlic since they produce heat and are tamasic in nature,
Salt: Sendha namak is used during this time and it has low sodium content as well.
Say goodbye to dark circles with these home remedies
Nuts, seeds and plant oils protect from heart and other diseases: Study
Doctors recommend flu shots despite side effects
Eating Mushrooms could lower risk of Depression
Pizza, Chips And Other Processed Foods May Affect Your Memory
Top 12 tips for healthy transformation
Milind Soman’s wife Ankita Konwar: Abused as a child, lost my father and ex-lover
10 fruits diabetics should eat and why they are important
Irregular periods? Covid-19 pandemic stress might be the reason!
Signs you are losing muscles instead of fat
How To Remove Dark Circles
What is Psoriasis and How do we Treat
What is Black Fungus | Where is it Present
Covid 19 Recovery Exercises at Home
How to Protect Your Kids From Coronavirus
Covid7 months ago
Covishield vs Covaxin: Which is better?
Covid6 months ago
All you need to know about the second wave of Covid-19
TRENDING5 months ago
Do soft drinks lead to tooth wear?
Covid6 months ago
Covid-19 second wave: More cases among kids
Covid6 months ago
India records world’s biggest spike with 3.14 lakh new Covid-19 cases in a day
Covid6 months ago
Covid-19: New AP Strain Might be 15 Times More Virulent
Physical Fitness8 months ago
Top 10 health benefits of physical fitness
Covid7 months ago
Telangana: Covid-19 infection is spreading among medical college students