Regular exercise during pregnancy can improve health, reduce the risk of excess weight gain and back pain, and it may make delivery easier. So, gear up ladies!
3 types of exercise to keep you fit and healthy
1. In pre-pregnancy, exercise levels were low, a quick stroll around the neighborhood is a good way to start.
2. This will provide a cardiovascular workout without too much impact on the knees and ankles. It can be done for free, almost anywhere, and at any time during pregnancy.
Safety tip: As pregnancy progresses, your center of gravity changes, and you can lose your sense of balance and coordination.Choose smooth surfaces, avoid potholes, rocks, and other obstacles, and wear supportive footwear.
Swimming, walking in water, and aqua aerobics offer health benefits throughout pregnancy.
1. Use the railing for balance when entering the water, to prevent slipping.
2. Avoid diving or jumping, as this could impact the abdomen
Aerobic exercise strengthens the heart and lungs and helps maintain muscle tone. Low-impact aerobics excludes jumping, high kicks, leaps, or fast running.
In low-impact exercise, one foot should stay on the ground at all times.
Limits stress on the joints helps maintain balance reduces the risk of weakening the pelvic floor muscles
A weak pelvic floor increases the chances of urine leakage.
Preparing for labor: Squatting and pelvic tilts
During labor, squatting may help to open the pelvis, so it may be a good idea to practice during pregnancy.
1.Stand with the feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart, and the back straight.
2.Lower yourself slowly, keeping your feet flat and your knees no further forward than your feet.
3.Hold for 10 to 30 seconds, then slowly push up.
These can strengthen the abdominal muscles and help reduce back pain.
Go down on the hands and knees.
Tilt the hips forward and pull the abdomen in, arching the back.
Hold for a few seconds.
Release, and let the back drop.
Repeat this up to 10 times.
Exercise during pregnancy can help:
1.shorten the labor process
2.increase the chances of an unmedicated birth
3.decrease the need for pain relief
4.speed up recovery after delivery
5.reduce the risk of gestational diabetes and hypertension
6.decrease the likelihood of preterm labor and birth
7.It may also give an infant a healthier start.
1. Exercising during pregnancy can reduce the risk of excess weight gain, back issues, prepare muscles for childbirth, and can give the baby a healthier start in life.
2. Those who do not already follow an exercise regimen already should ease into exercise.
3. Exercise is important, but it should be low-impact, and it is important to know when to stop.
4. Swimming, brisk walking, yoga, and stationary cycling are good ways to get fit during pregnancy.
It is important to discuss any changes in exercise habits with a health care provider, to make sure you do the right kind of exercise at the right stage of pregnancy.
Who should not exercise?
Exercise is rarely harmful, but anyone with a medical condition, such as asthma, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, or a pregnancy-related condition should speak to a health care provider first.
Exercise may not be advised if there is:
1. Vaginal bleeding or spotting
2. Low placenta, or low-lying or placenta previa
3. A history or possibility of miscarriage or preterm delivery weak cervix
Stop exercising if you:
1. Feel fatigued
2. Develop persistent pain
3. Experience any vaginal bleeding
4. Have regular contractions more than 30 minutes after exercise, as this may be a sign of pre-term labor
5. A health-care provider can suggest personal exercise guidelines, based on the individual’s medical history.
Know the causes and side effects of the obesity
Obesity is a complex disease involving an excessive amount of body fat.Obesity is not just a cosmetic concern.It is a medical problem that increases the risk of other diseases and health problems, such as
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure and
- Certain cancers
Main causes of obesity:
- Lack of physical activity
- Hormonal Issues
- Medical condition
Most common health problems with obesity :
- Type 2 diabetes
- Dyslipidemia and heart disease
- Respiratory problems an sleep apnoea
- Fatty liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Psychological disorders
Is fatigue dangerous ?
Fatigue can have some pretty harmful effects from reduced concentration to irritability, reckless risk-taking, poor work quality, an even falling asleep behind the wheel.
Even a week of feeling more tried than usual is not uncommon. Yet most people can tell when their fatigue feels like something more serious. If that’s the case, or your fatigue gets worse or lasts longer than a week or two, its time to see your doctor.
Signs of fatigue:
It my feel like overwhelming tiredness, which makes people unable to complete normal activities of daily living.It may also worsen the difficulties associated with a person’s brain injury.
- Slurred speech
All that you have to know about diarrhea
Diarrhea is one of the most common health complaints. Diarrhea is characterize by abnormally loose or watery stools. Most cases of diarrhea are due to bacteria, viruses or parasites. Digestive system disorders can also cause chronic diarrhea.
Causes of diarrhea:
Many cases of diarrhea are due to an infection in the gastrointestinal tract. The microbes responsible trusted source for this infection include:
- Parasitic organisms
Some of the major causes of chronic diarrhea include:
- Microscopic colitis
- Malabsorptive and maldigestive diarrhea
- Chronic infections
- Drug-induced diarrhea
- Endocrine-related causes
- Cancer-related causes
Diarrhea refers to watery stools, but it may be accompanied by other symptoms. These include:
- Stomach pain
- Abdominal cramps
- Weight loss
- Body aches
Why fresh air is important for mental health ?
Know the importance of Aquatic food
Know about some common types of cancer
Here are some tips to increase fiber for a healthy gut
Everything You Need To Know About Low Back Ache
How To Remove Dark Circles
What is Psoriasis and How do we Treat
What is Black Fungus | Where is it Present
Covid 19 Recovery Exercises at Home
Nutrition2 years ago
Dhanteras special: Make a smart investment with Iron-rich foods and diet tips
Celebrity Health2 years ago
Cancer survivor Manisha Koirala writes about “Arduous Journey Of Treatment”
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS2 years ago
Are you taking too much vitamin D?
Covid2 years ago
Post-Covid fatigue is most prevalent in diabetes patients: Study
HEALTH NEWS2 years ago
Why do you need to develop a healthy-eating plan During Diabetes or Pre-diabetes state
FEATURED HEALTH TOPICS2 years ago
Tips for Asthma patients to enjoy a safe Diwali
Nutrition2 years ago
Amazing health benefits of Jackfruit
TRENDING2 years ago
Enjoy Diwali without gaining weight